Need directions? Use www.mapquest.com
Mapquest.com is a great way to make anyone believe the driver is a local of the area. www.mapquest.com directions is a quick and easy way to find out how to get from point A to point Z and all the other important points in between. Once the beginning and ending locations have been entered into the search engine, mapquest brings up a map with a lovely blue line indicating the path of travel, and if there is more than one way to get to the final destination an option will appear to make the blue line change paths.
This is a free web mapping service originally founded in 1967 as Cartographic Services with R.R. Donnelley and Sons in Chicago. From Chicago the company was moved to Lancaster, Pennsylvania two years later and did not become an independent company until 1994. America Online Incorporated bought Mapquest in 2000 and created company headquarters in both Lancaster, Pennsylvania and Denver, Colorado. www.mapquest.com directions has been helping people to find their way across the nation and back since 2000 and here is how.
To use www.mapquest.com directions:
1. Once linked to the mapquest website, click on the “Get Directions” link. This link is green with white writing and located on the left side of the screen.
2. Choose the mode of transportation using the icons above the text boxes for the locations. The options that www.mapquest.com directions gives are: Driving Directions, Transit Directions, Bicylce Directions, Walking Directions
3. Insert the starting location into text box located next to the A option.
4. Insert the destination into the text box located next to the B option.
Want to add more stops to the trip? Click on the “+ add stop” blue link. Up to 25 stops can be added.
5. Click the “Get Directions” link once again for the site to load the two locations into the system and come up with the easiest to follow directions.
Features of www.mapquest.com directions
Once all of the stops have been added mapquest is nice enough to give options for estimated fuel cost calculations by clicking on the “Calculate” link in the route choices menu. Each of the steps is broken down by every turn and merge that has to be taken and the mileage between each step is also listed. Mapquest gives exit numbers as well as names, so as to make the directions as simple to follow as possible.
Need the directions printed to take on the go? No problem, www.mapquest.com directions has it covered. There is a “Print” button in the top right corner of the map. Once this button is clicked a seperate screen will appear with printing options. The printing options are: printing with or without the add, printing with the map of the drive or just the directions, and the ability to add notes to the directions. Don’t need the directions printed but simply emailed to a friend, family member, or co-worker. Easy, just click the “Send” button and a drop down menu will appear with options for: email, mobile, facebook, car, and GPS.
Mapquest is able to meet all of your direction needs. Quick, easy, and managable.
Related Link :